Friday, October 15, 2010

Action Plan for the use of Web 2.0 for Port Harcourt

My observation from this training has shown me that access to knowledge  is  a matter of right not a privilege. Therefore as soon as I get back to my institution, I will make sure that the knowledge  I gained from the Training is shared among my colleagues who were not privileged to attend the workshop. Also, knowledge gained will enable me to serve the library users  (students, staff and other members of the RSUST university community)better.

We were exposed to numerous tool during the training. For instance, with the use of wikis, I will drive the library users to this platform where they can get first hand knowledge on definitions and concepts. Flickre
with library users, I can share photographs of the library and any other important historical photos which users may find useful. Other tools like google reader, google alert, google , etc. be brought to my library users attention.
 
In other  for these tools to be adequately utilized, my institution will make sure that there is steady power supply in the university. Also Web 2.0 Training opportunities should be extended to other academic staff and researchers of my institution who did not participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment