Friday, October 15, 2010

ACTION PLANS: Olufemi ADESOPE

Preamble

The Web 2.0 learning opportunities workshop which held at the Information and Communication Technology Centre of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt started on the 11th October and ended on 15th October 2010 was a very rewarding experience. Since the basic philosophy behind the Web 2.0 is sharing I intend to share the information garnered in several ways:


Institutional Action Plans

1. As the Head of Department, Agricultural Economics and Extension, I shall enlighten my other colleagues (both teaching and non teaching staff) so that they also will benefit from my experience.


2. I shall ensure that my staff are Web 2.0 complaint


3. I teach a course titled: Computer Applications to Agriculture. It had been a lot of work to do this to the large number of students i teach. With my knowledge of Web 2.0 tools my teaching will now be easy because the tools i have learned are more interactive


Personal plans

1. I shall ensure that my wife and children understand the basics of Web 2.0 tools. This will be done today as soon as i get home (October 15, 2010)

2. One of my sons is a keen book reader. I can now get him to read more through teh Web 2.0 tools (with effect from October 15, 2010)

3. I have a very large volume of data on my system. i can now work better


Community Service

1. I set up a community social laboratory network project (SLANEP) 3 years ago and was looking for opportunities like this to establish a link with immediate rural communities with my institution, the University of Port Harcourt. Interestingly i was opportuned to be invited for the Web 2.0 workshop which will now make me as teh Team Leader to forge ahead with the participatory activities we have lined up. The SLANEP will take effect in November 2010


3. I am Managing Editor to three Academic journals and with my experience in the workshop i can now save my previous journals effectively. (with effect from October 15, 2010)


4. As the Head of Press Department in my church, I can now do real time editing with my editorial board to improve teh quality of our publications.




Conclusion

I have learned so much that i am too excited not to express my gratitude. I want to use this opportunity to thank my teacher and resource person, Mr Johnson Opigo who made the teaching very interactive and simple. I also wish to thank Mr Richards Lamptey for his assistance. He was also very handy as a Resource person. I wish to thank Rivers State University of Science and Technology for the very accommodating environment.




Olufemi Martins Adesope

Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension,

University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment